Below you'll find all the upcoming events that make Gladstone's Library special; whether they be Literary Festivals, evening talks, book launches or creative writing workshops it's all here. Easy to find.
Please note that events be booked by contacting Reception either by calling 01244 532350 or on email and are not available for online booking. Where events are listed as being free listed as being 'free' it is advisable to book as seating/places are limited.
Gladfest is the annual literary festival at Gladstone's Library. Attracting internationally significant writers, it offers a unique opportunity to attend a range of readings, talks and workshops in informal and intimate settings in and around the Library. 2014 line-up included:
- Performance poet Martin Daws, young people’s laureate for Wales
- Journalist, writer and presenter, Nadene Ghouri
- Poet and novelist, Francesca Haig
- Writer, broadcaster and theologian, Richard Holloway
- Former MP, novelist and historian, Douglas Hurd
- Novelist, playwright and TV writer, Stephen May
- Journalist, writer and literary editor, Robert McCrum
- Poet, Katrina Naomi
- Writer, artist and blogger, Michael Nobbs
- Novelist, Sarah Perry
- Financial and political journalist, Hugh Pym
- Novelist and poet, Salley Vickers
Plans are now in motion for Gladfest 2015, updates will be posted on our website.
Saturday 4 October - Sunday 5 October
Join us as we use a Storytelling Marathon, ‘Consequences-ish’ collaboration of on and offline spaces and a Micro-play workshop too.
Find out more about our plans for Fun Palaces here
Fun Palaces are made by people – come and make it with us.
To find how you can help us or how you can get involved stop by for a chat, email, or call us on 01244 532350.
Saturday 1 November - Sunday 2 November
Hearth is a unique chance to spend a weekend up close and personal with award-winning writers.
Improve your writing, find out how to publish your novel, get hints and tips and find inspiration.
For further infromation click here