With our plan to re-open the Library in Spring 2021, we will be recruiting for key positions in the forthcoming months.
All HR enquiries should be directed to Elizabeth.Newmarch@gladlib.org
PLEASE NOTE THE SUBMISSION PERIOD FOR THIS VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED. WE WILL BE CONTACTING ALL APPLICANTS AS SOON AS WE CAN.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PR & COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
Location: Gladstone’s Library, Hawarden, Flintshire
Hours of Work: 38.75 hours over 5 days, typically Mon-Fri with occasional weekend/evening events work.
Gladstone’s Library is a Grade 1 listed, Prime Ministerial, residential library in Hawarden, Flintshire. It is a unique heritage charity with an internationally significant collection. Its facilities also include 23 bedrooms, conference rooms and a restaurant. It has a year-round programme of events and courses.
In preparation for our re-opening in the Spring, we are now recruiting for a PR and Communications Officer who will embrace the mission and values of the Library. You will be confidant communicator with a positive outlook and use a creative approach to promote the work of Gladstone’s Library in a variety of ways. You will want to be a key part of a unique and purposeful charitable organisation.
- Social media management – creating and scheduling our social media content across all platforms using HootSuite, which will be engaging, creative and responsive to our existing and new markets
- Content generation – liaise with internal departments for story generation and content to use across all platforms.
- Press and influencer outreach and co-ordination. This includes co-ordination of influencer visits, sourcing new influencer opportunities and producing content for our media channels.
- Events – assist with the organisation of our events – Gladfest, Writer in Residence, other events and courses. Co-ordinate digital recordings, if required
- Digital content – create, edit and publish sound/video content for our online events programme.
- Production of digital and print communications and maintenance of our contact database (GDPR compliance)
- Assist the Management Team with development and implementation of the brand and style guide for its communications
- Management of the website and intranet and liaison with the web design agency.
- Produce marketing collateral and literature and display within the Library.
- General research and networking tasks - Including industry news to guide marketing decisions, activity and to identify any opportunities
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally 2+ years with a focus on digital content and PR.
- A degree in either marketing or in a subject relevant to the Library’s core subjects (literature, religion, history, politics).
- Excellent level of written English and naturally adept at creative copywriting
- Experience communicating with the press and / or influencers
- Highly organised, adaptable and adept at managing multiple tasks
- Knowledge of SEO and digital PR
- Knowledge of all social media platforms and how they work for different audiences
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Confidence in approaching a range of customers and internal stakeholders
- Experience with Hootsuite, website newsletter systems, Google Analytics
Desirable skills, experience and characteristics:
- A passion for libraries, heritage and culture
- Welsh speaker
- Experience within a not-for-profit organisation (paid or voluntary)
What we offer:
- Good management support with a diverse and experienced team with staff well-being focus
- Opportunity to work on the Library’s renowned events programme
- A comfortable and stimulating work environment
- A good work-life balance with regular hours (occasional events)
- Two weeks leave at Christmas
Rate of pay: Up to £26,000 per annum, subject to experience
Benefits: Pension scheme, 21 days annual leave entitlement plus 2 weeks Christmas closure leave.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 17th December 10am
Interviews will be held on: Week commencing 11th January via Zoom
Start date: February 2021
Please send your CV and 1 page application letter to Elizabeth.email@example.com
As part of your application, please also prepare a local press release on the Library’s reopening and where you would circulate this.
Please read our Mission and Values prior to submitting your application which can be found here. These reflect how we engage with our guests and also our employees: Mission Statement