With our plan to re-open the Library in September 2021, we will be recruiting for key positions in the forthcoming months.
All HR enquiries should be directed to Elizabeth.Newmarch@gladlib.org
Location: Gladstone’s Library, Hawarden, Flintshire
House of Work: 25 hours over 5 days (typically 9.30am-3.00 pm – incl 30 min unpaid break)
Gladstone’s Library is a Grade 1 listed, Prime Ministerial, residential library in Hawarden, Flintshire.
In preparation for our re-opening in September, we are now recruiting for a Maintenance Person to start 1st June 2021
As a multi-skilled handyperson, you will support the smooth running of this busy library and 26-bedroom residential venue.
- General maintenance and DIY jobs – painting, decorating, basic joinery and plumbing repairs/maintenance, minor electrical repairs
- Support the Operations Manager to ensure full Health and Safety compliance across the building.
- Health and Safety checks including Legionella, Fire Safety and general H&S.
- Work at all times in line with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and other regulatory bodies, to ensure the safety of yourself and others.
- Set up conference rooms and test AV equipment, as required
- Some grounds maintenance
- You will show pride and care in your work and attention to detail as is demanded in an important heritage building.
- You will be probably be a passionate DIY enthusiast, with skills outside of your area of expertise
- You will be pro-active as well as re-active in your work tasks.
- You will be flexible in your work and work pattern (with reasonable notice) to allow for planned work – painting/bedroom maintenance jobs, for example - to be completed efficiently in a busy venue.
- You will respect and support the liberal and inclusive values of the Library and will understand the implications of working in a Grade 1 listed building and for a charitable institution, and to work effectively within those constraints.
- You must be a good communicator and enjoy working as part of a team.
- You must work tidily, be presentable and approachable.
- You will be available for some additional hours at busy times or during special events
- Work experience in DIY general maintenance including assessment, installation, maintenance and repair
- Demonstrable knowledge of H&S regulations and standards relevant to this role
- Full valid Driving Licence
- Ability to manage a busy workload and meet deadlines
- A DBS check will be required
You must have a good command of the English language, must provide proof of identity, eligibility to work in UK and any relevant qualifications and references.
What we will offer:
- The opportunity to be an important part of a unique and growing organisation
- All tools/equipment/PPE provided
- A comfortable, sociable and stimulating work environment
Hours of work
25 hours per week - 5 days across a 7-day period arranged according to the needs of business
Rate of pay: £11.14 per hour
Benefits: Pension scheme, 28 days annual leave entitlement
Closing date for applications: 5pm 21st April
Interviews will be held on: W/c 26th April
Start date: 1st June
To apply, please send a covering letter outlining your suitability for the position and your current CV to:
Tel: 01244 527004